The first step is prevention. Click here to find out how to prevent a sore throat. However, if you have a sore throat already, here are some options to make yourself and your throat feel better:
- Drink plenty of warm liquids to keep your body fluids up.
- Try to breathe through your nose. If your nose feels congested, inhaling the steam from a bowl of hot water will help it to clear it, or look for a Strepsils Lozenge.
- Avoid alcohol. The idea that alcohol 'disinfects' the throat is unfortunately a myth! In fact, drinking alcohol is much more likely to irritate than soothe a sore throat.
- Swallow - it might hurt but it’s one of the best things you can do because saliva is a natural lubricant, which can help soothe a sore throat.
- Sucking an effective medicated lozenge can help lubricate the lining of the throat further, bringing real, noticeable relief. And if you choose one from the Strepsils range, rest assured that it can keep working, even after the lozenge has gone.
Check out the Strepsils range to find remedies for a sore throat.